Friday, January 9, 2009

Day Before the Race Report

Registration:

Arrived 15 minutes early and the weren't quite ready so I went for a bite to eat. Ate at a restaurant recommended by someone I am working with out here. The restaurant entrance was about 500 feet from the race registration desk.

After my late lunch I went through the registration process. Had to bubble in a sheet. The bib has a barcode so maybe the results will post before I land in ATL? No electronic timing so I'll Garmin for chip time. Registration was a breeze. Cotton shirt. I'll wear on the plane.

Concerns:

- They handed out a map. Does this mean it is not obvious? Won't there be workers on the course to direct the runners?
- Water. Map only shows 2 stops. One at 7.5 and one at 9.8.
- Wind

How to deal with concerns:

- Gonna start with my head screwed on tight and follow the map if I have to.
- Got a fuel belt and I plan to use it.
- Gonna have a great day regardless of the weather. Already experienced an earthquake this week...

Check in at the 'race' hotel. The front desk was not aware that they were the host hotel. Reflects more on the hotel than the race I am thinking. Race is big to the organizers but the city is bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment