Monday, March 9, 2009

Albany, Ga marathon Post #1

Here's a short race report:

At very near 11:30am on March 7th, 2009 I crossed the finish line of the Snickers Marathon Energy Bar Marathon. I crossed the start line 4 hours 26 minutes and 22 seconds earlier. That's the end of the race report.

For me it was the culmination of one years worth of effort, luck, sweat, pain, numerous pairs running shoes, ounces of vasoline, doctors visits, sports nutrition, miles and miles, step after step, some running, some walking. In a way it was only another step in the race that is life.

Over the next 3 weeks I am going to attempt to tell the story of the race itself, the training, the changes I have made and the ones that have happened along the way, and maybe a little about what is going on at the present. If I can pull this off each post will be a like an episode of LOST. Something from the recent past, something from the distant past, and something that is happening right now. Without the time traveling and nosebleeds though.

I start tomorrow with arriving home at 10:30pm after driving back from Albany and work my way backwards over the next 3 weeks to the decision I made to take marathon training seriously. Not sure I'll post everyday or take weekends off. I'll let that unfold as it makes sense. Not going to limit myself to 1 post a day but I will commit to 1 post every weekday until March 30th. Hope you enjoy the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment