Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jello or More?


Warning - Philosophical Post Follows!

Over the course of yesterday and this morning I broke (shattered) a long established pattern. What was the pattern? "I cannot make Jello".

Last night I made Lime Jello with the traditional long setting method. This morning I made orange with the quick-set method to make containers with layers of flavor. Failures at the quick-set method are what established the pattern years ago.

Why is this worth a post? Because I am establishing a pattern of breaking with old patterns and creating new ones. From I am not a runner to I am a runner. From I'll never learn bilateral breathing to teaching myself bilateral breathing and now I do it most of the time. Really I am fulling the prophecy that my high school guidance counselor made when he said that with test scores like this you can do anything you want to do. Today it was make Jello. Tomorrow???

No comments:

Post a Comment